So I've just finished watching Bill Cunningham New York and wow, what a guy and what an inspiration! He must be one of the most dedicated and one of the happiest people I've ever seen in my life, yet he lives in a tiny apartment and dresses like a Parisian binman. It just goes to show that in order to be happy, you don't need a lot of material things. I've taken a lot of notes during this documentary as there's much to learn from this man, not just in terms of photography and fashion, but from his outlook on life and the way he has lived his. If you've not seen this before then I'd highly recommend it.

“If you don’t take money, they can’t tell you what to do. Money is the cheapest thing. 
Liberty and Freedom are the most expensive.” - Bill Cunningham

"Who the hell wants a kitchen and a bathroom, just more rooms to clean." - Bill Cunningham

"You went out last night, nobody wrote about it. Do you exist?" - Unknown

"I eat with my eyes." - Bill Cunningham

"If we all went out looking a slob like me, it'd be a pretty dreary world" - Bill Cunningham.

"I'm not interested in the celebrities with their free dresses. It's the clothes, not the celebrity, and not the spectacle." - Bill Cunningham

"He who seeks beauty will find it." - Bill Cunningham

"Fashion is the armour to survive the reality of everyday life. I don't think you could do away with it. It would be like doing away with civilization.”- Bill Cunningham


Bill Cunningham New York

Posted on

Tuesday 24 July 2012

Leave a Reply

le Garcien. Powered by Blogger.